There are several object oriented standards and groups that oversee them.
* Object Management Group (OMG) - Develops standards to help make object applications to be portable and communicate between each other (interoperability). They have developed the Component Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) standard along with object and OODBMS interfaces.
* Object Database Management Group (ODMG) - Created to define standard interfaces for object databases. The interfaces should allow the databases and applications that use them be portable and communicate between each other.
* CASE Data Interchange Format (CDIF) - Defines standards for tools to use so tyey may be used with various applications such as database servers, application servers, and other tools.
* Portable Common Tool Environment (PCTE) Standard.
* PDES/STEP - Exchange format standard for product model data. Also called the object interface format.
* Object Query Language (OQL)
* Object Definition Language (ODL) - Extension of OMGs CORBA standard.