A Civil Engineer is one who deals with the planning, designing, construction and maintenance of different types of Civil Engineering works. He should be competent in various fields such as surveying, analyzing, estimating, construction scheduling and construction management.
A Civil Engineer will involve in various Engineering activities such as
• Surveying and preparation of estimates.
• Planning and designing and construction of houses, apartments, office − buildings, commercial establishments and factory building.
• Planning and design of transportation facilities such as highways and Railways.
• Construction of ports and harbours, Railway stations, bus and truck terminals, airports and helipads.
• Construction of dams and canals for irrigation, drinking water supply for flood control purposes.
• Planning, design and construction of pollution control facilities such as sewage treatment plants.