One of the primary focuses of technical education is to produce employable graduates/technicians. Through a sound knowledge of the subjects is impact. ISAP play a vital role in employability. Graduates/technicians without a good communication would not be able to face a placement committee ISAP is necessary not only in placement but also for job success.
For candidates who are entering into the carriers for the first time. The following skills are highly recommended and they must be trained in the following areas:
1. Communication Skill.
2. Presentation Skill.
3. Writing Skill.
4. Group Discussion.
5. Case Study.
6. Preparing job hunting material.
7. Resume preparation.
8. Facing the interview.
9. Carrier exploration
10. Use of communication technologies.
Barriers to Communication
There are number of barriers to communication which produce noise and prevent the achievement of desired result some of these are:
1. Badly encoded message.
2. Disturbance in the transmission channel.
3. Poor retention.
4. Inattention by the receiver.
5. Unclassified assumption.
6. Mistrust between sender and receiver.
7. Premature evaluation of the message.
8. Differences in perception.
9. Misinterpretation of the message.
10. Selection of wrong variety of long wage.
Classification of Communication
1. Non-verbal communication
2. Verbal communication
Non-Verbal communication refers to all external stimuli other than spoken or written words and including body motion. Characteristics of appearance,characteristics of voice and use of space and distancing.
All these non-verbal clues taken together are also known as body language.
Verbal Communication includes oral communication and written communication.
Body language plays a significant role in oral communication in day-to-day oral communication we kept on interpreting non verbal clues without being aware that we doing so.
It is defined as documented prose work incorporating the result of an organised analysis of a subject. In its style structure and approach closely resembles a formal report. But in certain respects research papers differ from a formal report is always prompted by a specific need of the organisation.
Research paper and Articles:
Characteristics feature of a research paper are:-
1. A research paper may be written about any subject social, cultural, scientific and technical, etc., But the treatment is scholarly and is supported by evidence.
2. There is a relatively high concentration of a certain writing techniques such as a definitions, classification interpretation and description of a process.
3. Its formal elements are generally those of a report and the writing is characterised by the use of graph cards and scientific technical or specialised vocabulary.
4. The emphasis is an presentation of information accurately and concisely and the writer maintains an attitude of complete impartiality and objectivity.
There are three types of research paper
1. Library research paper of a term. Paper or a theme paper.
2. Scientific paper.
3. Technical paper
Library Research Paper:
There are three preparatory steps in writing such a paper namely.
1. Selecting a subject.
2. Locating a source of information
3. Note marking
Usually such a paper is written under the guidance of an instructor and the student is advised how to go about it.
The scientific paper and technical paper are often used interchangeably to refer to a research paper. When a distinction is made it is on the basic of its contents.